One objective of the association is to act as a national link between brokerage companies and to promote independent and professional insurance brokerage activity in Finland.
Operation of the Finnish Insurance Broker Assosiation
- The association’s Board of Directors actively monitors the overall development of insurance brokerage activity and shares this information for the benefit of its members.
- The association manages the distribution of external information to the media by disseminating up-to-date information about insurance brokerage tasks, services and added value provided to customers.
- The association gives statements to authorities and takes initiatives to develop brokerage legislation.
- The association participates in the professional development of its members by maintaining the content and criteria of the insurance broker’s examination.
- The association is a founding member of Suomen Vakuutustiedon kehittämissäätiö, which maintains educational and training standards within its field.
The association aims, within the framework of its objectives, to cooperate with other organizations in its field and with appropriate authorities in Finland and abroad. The most important co-operating organizations are the umbrella organization, the European Federation of Insurance Intermediaries (“BIPAR”) and the Federation of Finnish Financial Services. The most important authorities are the Financial Supervisory Authority and the Finnish Competition Authority.
Decisions on the policies of The Finnish Insurance Broker Association are made regularly at the Annual Meeting in April. The Board of Directors which, besides the Chairman, consists of seven other members, takes care of practical matters.